POSITION: Community Impact Administrator STATUS: Full-time REPORTS TO: President
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Community Impact Administrator (CIA) will provide administrative support to all departments of the United Way office. The CIA engages diverse stakeholders to accurately and effectively assess community needs and strategically guides United Way to contribute to the community’s priorities. The CIA is an expert on community issues and challenges and has a thorough knowledge of the data trends, research, and environment and community stakeholders. The CIA serves as the liaison between nonprofits in the community and United Way. The CIA coordinates with the financial manager and handles some accounting tasks on a weekly basis.
· Assist in preparation for various meetings to include correspondence, scheduling meeting facilities, notifications, follow-up calls and documentation of attendees. Compile and collate information for Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
· Attend Board and Executive Committee meetings, taking minutes of the meetings.
· Maintain adequate office supplies (in line with budget) and general maintenance of office equipment.
· Maintain and update all information in the data processing system concerning accounts receivable.
· Work closely with Financial Manager to achieve highest percentage collectible on all accounts.
· Work with Financial Manager to gather information and answer questions for annual audit.
· Assist with ongoing community needs research including community conversations, surveys, etc.
· Provide direction and management of community investments, fund distribution processes and community investment strategies; including managing impact committees.
· Coordinate and oversee agency partnerships in conjunction with the President of United Way.
· Coordinate and oversee Week of Caring projects with nonprofits and Corporate Partners.
· Create comprehensive strategies to recruit and develop an adequate and diverse pool of effective volunteer leaders for community investment and impact work.
· Build and maintain positive working relationships with community investment volunteers at all levels.
· Ensure that key measurements are in place to determine progress toward community goals and develop reports to track progress to the community.
· Ensure that community impact work involves a broad spectrum of constituents.
· Represent United Way at organizational and community-related meetings as appropriate.
· Maintain 2-1-1 database and promote in the community.
· Ensure United Way is in compliance with all state requirements to maintain 501c3 status.
· Assist Campaign Director in completing Database II per United Way Worldwide affiliation agreement.
ESSENTIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills
· Self-starter with the ability to accurately complete tasks with minimum direct supervision
· Ability to recruit and manage volunteers and work with diverse sectors of the community
· Multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure
· Must be able to work beyond normal work hours and on weekends, as needed
· Represent the United Way in a professional manner
· Proficiency with financial reporting
· Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferred
· 1 to 3 years of administrative experience or equivalent education experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet required
· Valid driver’s license, automobile/vehicle, vehicle insurance required
Please submit cover letter and resume to Brittany Pruitt, email@example.com, PO Box 492, Lexington, NC 27292